Dr. Vipul V. Shah
- MD (Internal medicine) –passed in 1999.
- Assistant professor of medicine from 2000 to 2007 at BJ medical college, Ahmedabad.
- National AIDS Control Organization (NACO) training faculty for training of medical officers at Regional Training Institute.
- Currently practicing as Adult Infectious diseases consultant at Ahmedabad.
- Member of API, IMA, ASI, HIVMAI, IDSI, IDSA.
- Conducted various workshops and CMEs for medical, paramedical staff and community.
- Nineteen publications in national and international journals and sixteen papers were presented in scientific meetings.
- Principal investigators in various clinical trials pertaining to infectious diseases.
- Special interest in infectious diseases, Fever, HIV infection.
- MD (Internal Medicine Passed in 1999 from Smt. NHL Municipal Medical college and Sheth K M School of Postgraduate and Research, Sheth V. S. General Hospital, Ahmedabad
- M.B.B.S.: Passed in 1996 from Smt. NHL Municipal Medical college, Sheth V. S. General Hospital, Ahmedabad
- “HIV medicine training program”, Center for health and HIV/AIDS Research and Training (CHART-INDIA)— hands on clinical training and CME program at Ruby Hall Clinic, Pune, India.
- Infectious Disease Certificate Course (IDCC) conducted by P D Hinduja National Hospital and Medical Research Center Mumbai.
- Assistant professor of Medicine at BJ Medical college and Civil Hospital, Ahmedabad (From November 2000 to May 2007)
- National AIDS Control Organization (NACO) training faculty for training of medical officers at Regional Training Institute
- Experience of managing more than 5000 HIV infected patients in public and private sector
- Member of Association of Physicians of India (API)
- Member of Association of physicians of Gujarat (APG)
- Member of AIDS society of India (ASI)
- Member of Indian Medical Association (IMA)
- Member of HIV Medicine Association of India (HIVMAI)
- Member of Infectious Disease Society of India (IDSI)
- Member of Infectious Diseases Society of America (IDSA)
Research Work (PI/CO-I)
- Phase III open label, non-comparative prospective trial of injectable Cefepime (fourth generation cephalosporin) in community acquired pneumonia.
- Phase III open label-comparative prospective trial of oral third generation cephalosporin Cefprozyl v/s cefuroxime axetil in acute exacerbation of chronic bronchitis.
- “Role of pleural fluid ADA level in diagnosis of tuberculous pleuritis”-grant research project funded by government of Gujarat.
- Participated as investigator in FAITH- 2
- Evluation of efficacy and safety of TUMMYEASE in abdominal pain, bloating and flatulence
- A multicentre, double blind, randomized, Phase III study to compare the safety and efficacy of intravenous CXA-201 and intravenous Levofloxacin in complicated urinary tract infection including pyelonephritis.
- Various phase IV – PMS study.